Lent Reflection/Meditation @ St. John’s – Tuesday evenings in Lent 6.30-7.30, starting 13 February. A time of inspiration, reflection and meditation in the prayer-soaked atmosphere of St. John’s.
Jedburgh Churches Together Lent Study Groups
Theme – On the Third Day. The Resurrection is the Big Story that turned a little Jewish protest movement into a world-transforming religion. And yet by Easter Monday we’ve almost forgotten about it and are planning our summer holidays. How can we recapture the explosive power of the Resurrection that ricocheted around the world? How can we live in the glow of resurrection and be an Easter people? How can ‘there and then’ become ‘here and now’?
- Mondays: Loftus Room at St. Mary’s – 2.00 pm, starting 19 February
- Thursdays: upstairs in the JCAC at St. John’s – 11.00 am, starting 22 February
- Fridays: 5 Honeyfield Road – 7.30 pm, starting 23 February
Lent Lunches at Kenmore Hall 12 – 1.30 pm
Soup, fellowship and a short Lenten reflection
- 9 March, hosted by St. John’s
- 16 March, hosted by St. Mary’s
- 23 March, hosted by Old & Trinity
World Day of Prayer @ St. John’s – Friday 2 March, 2.00 pm
The World Day of Prayer is a global ecumenical movement led by Christian women who welcome you to join in prayer and action for peace and justice. Join us and the people of Surinam in this global wave of prayer. Refreshments to follow.
A few helpful links:
Scottish Charity Number: SC016786